Question Doesn't Visual Studio have a fine adjustment key?

357mag

Programming Experience
3-5
I'm using Visual Studio and I've got three labels on the left side of my form, but I can't get them aligned good enough. One of the labels looks like it's not aligned nice and tidy with the other two labels. Seems to me there should be a key
I should be able to hold down while moving the label in very small fine increments.

Yes? No?

There's also Properties window where you can set for example Location.X. Multiple controls can be selected and set in one go.

Please post in the forum most appropriate for the topic. This is obviously not a C# General question as it's not even about C#. Posting it in a VS forum would have been more appropriate but I have moved it to the Windows Forms forum as it is specifically about the WinForms designer.

The designer has toolbar buttons for aligning controls.
I have used winforms for 20 years and never noticed those buttons, and looking at old screenshots it appears they have existed this whole time o_O Haven't had much need for them also it appears.

I have used winforms for 20 years and never noticed those buttons, and looking at old screenshots it appears they have existed this whole time o_O Haven't had much need for them also it appears.
They're not really of much value these days. Before snaplines, they would have had some utility for aligning edges but, these days, snaplines will align to any edge or the text baseline of the control. The only one of those tools that is of any real use is aligning to center but anyone who's doing that is probably making an ugly UI anyway.

Back
Top Bottom