Resolved File downloads as "Defaulf.aspx" instead of normal content

harlem98

Programming Experience
Beginner
Hello community!

I am downloading a file, which when i download it, it downloads with File name and type "Default.Aspx" instead of the expected file content.
Any ideas about the issue?

Export method used on a normal link button:
protected void ExportFile_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {

var IDTemplate = (((LinkButton)sender).CommandArgument); //ID of the file in DB
            var model = templatebll.GetFile(); //BLL method
            if (model.FileContentT != null)
            {
                Response.Clear();
                Response.ClearHeaders();
                Response.AddHeader("Content-Type", "Application/octet-stream");
                Response.AddHeader("Content-Length", model.FileContentT.Length.ToString());
                Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition", "attachment; filenameT=" + model.FileNameT + "." + model.FileTipoT);
                Response.BinaryWrite(model.FileContentT);
                Response.Flush();
                Response.End(); //Response.Close();
            }
        }

Last edited:
"attachment; filenameT=" in Content-Disposition is probably copy-paste error, should be "attachment; filename="

Solution
Like I told you in your other thread, BinaryWrite() will not magically treat the string that you pass it as a file that it needs to open and then send the file data down to the user. BinaryWrite() will take the string literally as a set of bytes and send that to the user.

Like I told you in your other thread, BinaryWrite() will not magically treat the string that you pass it as a file that it needs to open and then send the file data down to the user. BinaryWrite() will take the string literally as a set of bytes and send that to the user.
Now it passes the file, as the page form name (Default.aspx).. Don't have any reference to that

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom