Wingtip Toys / importing DB with management studio

newsharper

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi,

i would like to use the wingtoys example with Management Studio and not with "Express".
When starting VS2017 with the .sln file i get a error about that theres no express found for the database, how do you circumvent this?

The tutorial comes with 2 DB files:
aspnet-WingtipToys-20140821031535.mdf
wingtiptoys.mdf

when importing the wingtiptoys.mdf with management studio it works without errors but the database is shown as: WINGTIPTOYS_acd665c8c6124f2c8101d17272a8192e - Why is that?

So the normal connection string looks like this:
<!--<connectionStrings>
<add name="DefaultConnection" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDb)\v11.0;Initial Catalog=aspnet-WingtipToys;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
<add name="WingtipToys" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDB)\v11.0;AttachDbFilename=|DataDirectory|\wingtiptoys.mdf;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>-->

and this is the one im using currently:
<connectionStrings>
<add name="DefaultConnection" connectionString="Data Source=(LocalDb)\MSSQLLocalDB;Initial Catalog=WINGTIPTOYS_acd665c8c6124f2c8101d17272a8192e;Integrated Security=True;" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
</connectionStrings>

this is the german error i get, sorry dont know how to translate that.
Netzwerkbezogener oder instanzspezifischer Fehler beim Herstellen einer Verbindung mit SQL Server. Der Server wurde nicht gefunden, oder auf ihn kann nicht zugegriffen werden. Überprüfen Sie, ob der Instanzname richtig ist und ob SQL Server Remoteverbindungen zulässt. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 50 - Fehler in der Local Database Runtime. Es kann keine automatische Instanz erstellt werden. Fehlerdetails finden Sie im Windows-Anwendungsereignisprotokoll.
)

is there maybe a better example to start learning simple asp.net applications with webforms that works out of the box?
I have to use Dot Net 4.5.1 or 4.7.2.

Tutorial Url:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/as...aspnet-45-web-forms/introduction-and-overview

I would expect that you would be able to attach the database to your SQL Server instance in SSMS and then you can change the connection strings as required. You can visit www.connectionstrings.com to learn how to write a connection string.

Back
Top Bottom