Segmented Downloader Library

mnxford

Programming Experience
1-3
Hello Guys,

I have been trying to make an Download Manager same as the IDM using C# for couple of days now. But the segmentation download similar to IDM is very hard to implement. While searching through online I came across a project with library and plugins system. The core library is responsible for multi-threaded, multiple files, custom segmented downloads. But due to the plugins complex coding structure I couldn't figure out how the .dll files works so that I can implement it easily in my downloader software interface like an API. I will upload the .dll source code in this post. If possible can anyone show me any way to do whatever is done in the .dll file in any easy way? Or how I can optimize the .dll to work as an simple API which will just do the segmented download and all other functions removed.

Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• MyDownloader.Core.zip
    49.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:
In case you want to implement partial downloads yourself this can be done with HttpWebRequest and AddRange method, or HttpClient with .DefaultRequestHeaders.Range property.
Check for HttpStatusCode.PartialContent, because server is not required to support this functionality.

Back
Top Bottom