Question Open-Source Database Agnostic ORM

Bryan_James

Programming Experience
1-3
Hi everyone!

I'm planning to create a system. I'm structuring it so that it can be implemented whether on an enterprise, microservices, or stand-alone architecture. Using an ORM will be a great help as it can automate a huge part of it. Initially, I've used Laravel's Eloquent on my PHP projects and I'm amazed on how flexible it is. I've been searching for some great ORMs for C#. Linq to SQL is undoubtedly one of the best ORM I've used before. However, it's only available for use with Microsoft SQL Server. I heard ADO.NET can implement Database Agnosticism. However, it's not open-source. NHibernate has been inactive already. Entity Framework has promising features, but as I've read somewhere, it's not database agnostic.

Then there's Dapper. I've heard many great reviews regarding this ORM. As I searched it, Dapper is database agnostic. However, I've seen that queries are not parameterized by default. Also, since Dapper is Micro ORM, many great features have been trimmed.

Here are the features I'm looking for the ORM I'm looking for:
  • Database Agnostic (can support enterprise DB as well as open-source) OR atleast supports many common database (SQL Server, Oracle SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite)
  • Implements prepared statements (or parameterized queries) on database query execution.
  • Implements data security (encryption)
  • Open-Source
  • Fast
  • Supports Reflection
  • Relationships (optional)
  • Supports .NET Core Libraries (CoreFX)
  • Supports C#
May I know if there's any ORM available out there with the said features? Or atleast the closest to these features?

I understand you are trying to get your product used, but be mindful not to spam links about various topics you own.

Some mods frown upon it. ;)

For it being a product would require me to take money for it, right?
I don't think that I spamed anything, I just posted a couple posts on threads that are about EF alternatives, what my library is.

Unfortunately, from the point of view of us admins, to have a brand new user create 3 posts with links to the same product/library within the span of 30 minutes looks "spammy". I can understand your enthusiasm for your product, but your initial posting behavior mimics a lot of the forum spam bots that abound. @Sheepings is particularly sensitive to it because of his many years of having administered/managed/participated in a ton of forums.

For it being a product would require me to take money for it, right?
Technically yes and no, as there is nothing stopping you from editing your library and charging for it later on. So technically it is a product in either respect.
I don't think that I spamed anything, I just posted a couple posts on threads that are about EF alternatives, what my library is.
No need to be a snowflake about it. I was being nice in telling you before one of the others get on your case about it for reasons directly posted above. There is no problem with you posting, but when its only about your library, and while you are not actually contributing in any other way towards or for the board or in any other topic which doesn't involve you posting your linked product, then that is considered spammy.

Hmm, maybe my post was a bit spammy indeed. My appologies.
But thanks to your clarifying posts at least this thread is full of topic related answers, and everybody looking into this will find all answers he/she is looking for.
Thanks alot, well done ;)

Would you not prefer to find a few recent topics to help people with their problems instead?

thanks to your clarifying posts at least this thread is full of topic related answers,

You have a 'one liner' on post p1/#2 explaining all about your library. What exactly did you clarify towards the OP's question(s) in that second post when you dropping them a one liner and a link to a page with no information? That link you provided does not explain what your library does or does not do, nor does it explain how to use it, and neither do any of your posts. If you want people to take your posts seriously and not consider you to be a link spammer, then put a little effort into explaining exactly what your library does and does not do and also provide examples on how to use it rather than trying to troll.

Back
Top Bottom