move data from qrscanner to a textbox without having to hover the cursor

fadli10

Programming Experience
Beginner
How do I make input from a QRScanner in C# go to a certain textbox without having to click on the textbox, in other words it has to go to a certain textbox even though the cursor is in another textbox?

So your QR Scanner acts like a keyboard and types the chars it reads?

Assuming youre using windows forms set the form's KeyPreview to true, and capture the chars as the form experiences them.

that's right, my qrscanner is like a keyboard when the data is read it immediately prints it to the active cursor, I want to get data from the scanner and then write it to a textbox, but without having to direct the cursor to the textbox. what is the program code? Please help me

Please help me

They did. They provided you something to look into so you can try to work out how to do it for yourself. This generally not a place where you just tell us what you want and we write the code for you. You been told how to get keystrokes sent by the scanner so now you can do whatever you want with them. Make an effort to implement something and then post back if you encounter an actual issue.

C#:
using System;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Drawing.Printing;
using System.Windows.Forms;

namespace WindowsFormsApp4
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        private bool isScanning = false;
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }

private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            // Tetapkan fokus ke tombol "Start Scan" saat aplikasi dimulai
            btnStartScan.Focus();
        }

private void Form1_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
        {
            if (isScanning)
            {
                string barcodeData = e.KeyCode.ToString();

// Tampilkan data di TextBox atau tempat yang sesuai
                textBox1.Text = barcodeData;

// Pindahkan fokus ke TextBox setelah data masuk
                textBox1.Focus();

// Mencegah event keyboard default yang mengarahkan fokus ke tombol "Print"
                e.SuppressKeyPress = true;
            }
        }

private void PrintDocument_PrintPage(object sender, PrintPageEventArgs e)
        {
            // Ambil data dari TextBox atau tempat penyimpanan data
            string dataToPrint = textBox1.Text;

// Definisikan font dan posisi cetak
            Font printFont = new Font("Arial", 12);
            float yPos = 100;

// Cetak data ke kertas
            e.Graphics.DrawString(dataToPrint, printFont, Brushes.Black, new PointF(100, yPos)); ;
        }

private void button1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            PrintDocument printDocument = new PrintDocument();
            printDocument.PrintPage += new PrintPageEventHandler(PrintDocument_PrintPage);

// Munculkan dialog pencetakan
            PrintDialog printDialog = new PrintDialog();
            printDialog.Document = printDocument;
            if (printDialog.ShowDialog() == DialogResult.OK)
            {
                printDocument.Print();
            }
        }

private void btnStartScan_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            StartScanning();
        }

private void btnStopScan_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            StopScanning();
        }
        private void StartScanning()
        {
            // Set isScanning ke true
            isScanning = true;

// Hapus fokus dari semua kontrol, termasuk tombol "Start Scan" dan "Stop Scan"
            this.ActiveControl = null;

// Tetapkan fokus ke TextBox untuk menerima input dari barcode scanner
            textBox1.Focus();
        }

private void StopScanning()
        {
            // Set isScanning ke false
            isScanning = false;

// Tetapkan fokus kembali ke tombol "Start Scan"
            btnStartScan.Focus();
        }

}
}

Last edited by a moderator:
What specific problem are you running into with your current code?

Did you try implementing the suggested approach of using the key previews?

Have you checked with scanner's manufacturer to see if they support more than just keyboard emulation mode? Some scanner manufacturers have drivers where they can act like a keyboard because that is the easiest way to let people integrate with their product without having to any code, but they also support a mode where you write code to listen to a specific serial or USB port and the input is not sent out as keystrokes. If your scanner's driver supports this latter mode, then you don't even have to listen to key previews events or try to place games with focus like the code that you presented. Instead you will just open a port and listen for scanner input directly, and you can put the input straight into the textboxes and/or your data model directly.

What specific problem are you running into with your current code?

Did you try implementing the suggested approach of using the key previews?

Have you checked with scanner's manufacturer to see if they support more than just keyboard emulation mode? Some scanner manufacturers have drivers where they can act like a keyboard because that is the easiest way to let people integrate with their product without having to any code, but they also support a mode where you write code to listen to a specific serial or USB port and the input is not sent out as keystrokes. If your scanner's driver supports this latter mode, then you don't even have to listen to key previews events or try to place games with focus like the code that you presented. Instead you will just open a port and listen for scanner input directly, and you can put the input straight into the textboxes and/or your data model directly.

The scanner mode that I use is like entering a keyboard. so when you focus on a certain place it automatically reads and prints data to that place. what I want when the cursor is placed somewhere else. qrscanner still displays data according to the textbox that I want without having to point the cursor at the textbox

Yes, we understood that from your original post. The questions are:
What problem do you have your current code?
Have you tried the key preview approach suggested by @cjard ?
Have you tried getting input directly from the scanner without in keyboard emulation mode?

Yes, we understood that from your original post. The questions are:
What problem do you have your current code?
Have you tried the key preview approach suggested by @cjard ?
Have you tried getting input directly from the scanner without in keyboard emulation mode?

i don't understand how to get data without keyboard emulation mode, how to do it?

It depends on your scanner manufacturer's driver. You will need to contact them to find out if their device supports it.

There may also be some nuggets of information in a similar question as yours, but from many years ago:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom