Converting Excel Sheet to database sheet and converting Database sheet to Excel sheet

Dreal1

Programming Experience
Beginner
Greetings all, i'm design an HR application for an organization and part of there requirement is for me provide a link/button that will convert excel sheet into database sheet and upload to the database from front end (Index in mvc) or convert from database (index view) to excel sheet... PLEASE NOTE : they told me they don't want the normal import and export option from database....

Please i want the house to enlighten me more about this ..... Thanks Dreal

What file format is to be used for import/export? CSV would be easiest. It's not strictly an Excel format but just plain text but it is usually handled by Excel by default when installed. Because it's plain text, it's very easy to read and write in .NET.

If it is native Excel format then will it be XLS or XLSX? XLSX is better from the point of view that you simply need the OpenXML SDK deployed with your application. With XLS, you'd either need Excel installed, which might be impossible on many web servers, or a component that understands XLS format. Most of those aren't free but I believe there is at least that is, so you may be able to use that. I don't recall the name though.

Back
Top Bottom